Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Mom Controversies!

I am going crazy with this blogging world because I am just going to publish this every year instead of making scrapbooks. I'm really bad at scrapbooking and I hate it so this is much easier. Anyways, I watched the Tyra Banks Show last night. I am such a night owl I put the kids to bed at 9 then stayed up watching my Tvo. Anyway, if you didn't see Tyra Banks called "Mother controversies" you should watch it.

Okay First Segment:
There was two women on the show that very much believe in breast feeding. One of the women has her 2 and 1/2 year old on the show that she was still breast feeding. The other woman though breast fed her children up til they were 7 years old. The audience was just attacking this woman. I agree with them as far as I think that it is sick and I couldn't imagine having my 7 year old climb up on my lap sucking on my breast but I don't really get treating her horrible for it. It's her kids so she can do that how ever long she wants. But on the other side of things. That same woman talked about how unhealthy it is to give your child a bottle and asked why you would do that to your kids. I'm sorry but not everyone can breast feed. I wish I could've I tried and tried and I never could get past bleeding and infections. So power to the people who can but careful criticizing the one's that don't cause it's definitely not for everyone.

Second Segment:
Stay at home moms vs Working moms
Wow was this a battle. I couldn't believe how much they all had to say about this. I applaud mom's that can work out side of the home and have a career and family but the working women said that if your kids don't go to day care they aren't exposed to the interaction that they NEED with other kids and they'll be SOCIALLY CHALLENGED when they go to school. I'm sorry but my kids are anything but socially challenged. They meet new people all the time whether they are at Barnes and Noble or the Park or Swimming. They are constantly making friends. I thought it was so sad watching all these women beat each other down about the way they choose to work and have kids. Everyone that has kids knows once you do you get EVERYONE'S unwanted and wanted opinions it's sad they were so critical of each other. The stay at home mom was in tears from things the working mom's were saying to her. I think the way our world is right now you are lucky if you can stay at home. Everything is so expensive. I have the best of both worlds I work from home so don't need to have a sitter very often. They're always with me or Josh. But if you have to work you have to don't feel guilty but don't think you're better than the women staying home. And if you get to stay home I consider you lucky cause my kids are growing up way too fast I would hate to be missing all of this.

Anyways, I think that we should all unite as Mother's rather than dividing the working ones from the stay at home ones or breast feeding ones from the non breast feeding ones. There are a lot of mother's out there not taking care of their own kids, I think it is much more important to focus on the kids being taken care of and what works for the parents. Working moms are amazing but stay at home mom's are amazing too. Seriously you should watch the show!

No comments: