
Ever since Sarah was announced as the Vice President Nominee I've been telling Makenzie look at her. She's running to be Vice President of the United States you can be anything you want to be. So today Makenzie says to me "Mom, can I be like John McCain?" And I said "Yep Kenzie if you want to be the President one day you could be." She knows John McCain and Barrack Obama by name. It was so cute tonight she said Kayden that's "Bock Bama" he's the first black president. She is so smart and learns really quick. He's not the president but I didn't want to correct her cause it was so cute listening to her.
Wow tonight was a big night for Republicans and for women. I think that Hillary Clinton definitely opened opportunities and Sarah Palin is going to make the sky the limit. Her speech was flawless in my opinion. I thought she did wonderful. I loved when she defended her experience which has been attacked and she made the differences between the two parties so clear. I love everything about Politics. I watched the Democratic convention and the Republican convention. I like to look at things from all points of view cause it makes me stand stronger and more passionate about my own opinions. Overall I am so proud of where our country has come. I'm so proud to tell my son and daughter that no matter your RACE or AGE or GENDER you can really be ANYTHING you want to be.
I am however very disappointed with some people in the media. I was doing my usual working tonight and watching my shows I TVo while my kids were asleep. I was watching the View and the news and many people don't believe Sarah Palin can do this job because she has 5 children 2 of which are very young. I don't think that question would ever be asked of a man. Let me tell you something. Makenzie will KNOW that she can do it ALL if she wants too. Nobody is going to tell my daughter that she needs to give up on her goals or dreams when she becomes a mom or she needs to follow her goals and put becoming a mom on the back burner. You can do both. Especially when you have supportive people all around you like Sarah does.
Any ways, I just wanted to say I think John McCain made a very good choice. He had a lot of good choices I think though. Rudy's speech tonight was amazing and so funny. Romney did awesome. I loved it all. I hope one day to be serving my country and making a difference also.
Oh and one more thing I have to vent about is on The View today Joy said that we could not elect John McCain because he is going to over turn Roe vs Wade and take away a woman's right to choice. I just want to say those of us that our PRO LIFE and against ABORTION are also PRO CHOICE you have a CHOICE to have sex or to not have sex. I'm sick of these people trying to make people that are against abortion out to be against women's rights also. That's not true. Obviously there are extenuating circumstances such as rape I am supportive of a woman to choose in that case I do understand it's not her fault not that I agree with abortion. I would never have a abortion that's just me.
1 comment:
Amen sista! So cute what Kenzie said! How sweet.
Post a Comment