Monday, September 8, 2008

Happy Birthday Makenzie!

September 9th 2004:
Makenzie Jean Page changed my life! Even though circumstances weren't perfect for Kenzie to come to us and a lot of people judged us based on the fact that we weren't married to me and Josh she came at just the right time and she was perfect. I can't even describe the first time I saw her. She was the most BEAUTIFUL little girl I've ever seen. She has these big eyes and little button nose and she was so pale with pink cheeks. She just looked so porcelain. She was 6 pounds 11 0z and 19 1/2 inches long and she was my little girl.


Hospital Pictures:


2 Weeks Old:
This is where she really looked porcelain.Makenzie Turns 1:

18 Months Old:
She was finally starting to get hair and her teeth were still trying to come in.
2 Years Old:

See how GIRLY her pink shirt, necklace, cinderella high heels, hair all curly! I LOVE IT!

3 Years Old:


Makenzie is 4 Years Old:

It has gone by so fast. Makenzie right now loves to dance and sing. I absolutely love watching her. She's the happiest little girl! The only time she is really upset is when her brother is she's very very protective of him! She's a girly girl loves getting all dressed up and her hair done. She'll sit for me forever to curl her hair all in ringlets. She loves to paint her nails and play dress up. And I LOVE and ADORE her!!
I couldn't explain what Makenzie has done for me. She is the BEST thing that could've ever happened to me. She taught me unconditional love and patience and a lot about who I am and even more about who I want to be. I think before Makenzie I was just sort of lost. Didn't really feel like I belonged any where when my grandma died. My Grandma JEAN was the one person that I knew wanted me no matter when it was, no matter how long, she would hug me for ever if I wanted, hold me when I was sad, tell me it was going to be okay, and was the ONLY thing in my life that was consistent and was ALWAYS. When I got Makenzie JEAN I got all of that back. It felt like my grandma had sent her to me and because of my grandma I wasn't scared at all I knew exactly what to do and what kind of a mother I wanted to be. And more importantly exactly the kind of father I wanted Makenzie to have. Josh lights up when he sees her, she can make him melt just by holding his hand or climbing up on his lap. She has completely changed his life too. He's been the proudest daddy from the beginning we wish it wasn't going quite so fast but we're enjoying every minute of it.



BIG SISTER:

The only thing as good as Makenzie coming into our world was Kayden. She loved him right from the beginning in the hospital. If Kayden was in his bouncer Kenzie was there rocking him, if he was in his crib she was in there checking on him, if he was crying she was running to the kitchen telling mommy ba ba... Every second she is such a good big sister. They bonded right off the bat only being 14 months apart and I was scared but wouldn't have had it any other way. She takes care of him and he takes care of her. And oh my does Kayden love Makenzie. Kayden wants to be just like her except the girly stuff. I don't think you could be closer than these to are. I hope it stays that way. Josh and I are very lucky.


MOMMY AND DADDY LOVE YOU SO MUCH MAKENZIE HAPPY 4TH BIRTHDAY PRINCESS!

3 comments:

BRITTANY said...

A very beautiful tribute to an adorable little girl!

Brandon & Meghan said...

She looks just like you!! Congrats to 4 happy years!!

Heidi said...

So much fun to look back at her growing up! I can't believe she's four! Wow, she does look like you, what a cute girl. Happy Birthday Kenzie!