So I am not the type to ever preach a religion or way of life. I am a believer in everyone's choice and I think something that may be SO RIGHT for one person still may not be RIGHT for another. Watching this clip made me think about a lot of reasons I joined the church though. Josh and I were really struggling. We were so young when we started dating, we moved into together 10 months later, were pregnant 3 months later and married a year and a couple months later. I thought that we were smart in the fact that we lived together first and took our time marrying after seeing so many people marry after a few short months. However, I didn't realize how much our age would effect our relationship. We all grow up and mature and change at different paces. Sometimes we don't change together. So things were very hard for Josh and I in the beginning. We made friends with two people that absolutely changed our lives at that point. Mark and Janette Anderson. We started going to church and spending a lot of time with them. Our marriage was stronger. Mark made a great impact on Josh and Janette was someone I easily admired. They began teaching me the gospel all over again. At my own pace. Josh has been mormon all his life. Seeing the way things were going at that time was incredible. Our lives got better and better. Josh got a better job. We were doing good on our own. I made the decision to get baptized. I knew it was what I wanted for Makenzie and Kayden. I know with out a shadow of a doubt I would not be the person I am today with out the church being in my life. It was a very difficult decison and to be honest I felt very alone. As someone that has always clinged to my family I felt like I was seperating from them in a way. My family are incredible people they are not members of the church nor do they want to be but I had the best upbringing and the most loving mother a girl could ask for. However, there were things about my own family that I wanted from experiencing myself. I was lucky enough to be treated as one in KoriAnn's family which is when I probably learned the most about church OUTSIDE of church. Family dinners were so important to them. Sundays were so important to be all together. Something as simple as talking to one another and being interested in every detail even in my life. I went to so many family home evenings and had a blast at them all. I LOVED it. I wanted that for my family. By saying sometimes you just need a reminder this clip was my reminder tonight. I am ashamed to say I honestly have gotten wrapped up in life. I was working on Sundays and we were staying up too late on Saturdays. For all these stupid excuses we completely stopped making church a priority. I am going to work really hard to change that. I think I need it, Josh needs it, and it is so good and important for our kids. I want them to grow up with experiences like I did. I found SOME of my best influences and friends at church (Heidi) and I really want that for my kids too.
So THANK YOU GLENN BECK FOR THE REMINDER!!
No comments:
Post a Comment