The day I've been trying so hard to put off finally came....
That's right my first one started preschool. I can't even believe it. It's so crazy how old she is now. I LOVE it and HATE it all at the same time. So run down of today....
I woke up at 6:45 to start Kenzie and Josh's french toast cause that's what she wanted on her first day of school. We all ate together and then I started doing Kenzie's hair. Well I started crying a little bit when I was doing her hair but not bad and I was done. We left to take her to school at 7:45am. Come to find out school started at 9am not 8am. (dang we didn't have to wake up so early) Anyways, so Makenzie and I came home and helped Josh get ready for his 18 credit hours he's enrolled in. We got Kayden ready and took Kenzie back. I walked her in and the teacher grabbed her hand and said "goodbye mom." I got in the car and two seconds later broke down. I called Josh while he was on his way to school totally melted down. Maybe it's cause it's my first I dunno. It was really hard. I took Kayden bowling and then to Barnes and Noble. When I went back and got Makenzie her teacher came to me and said "You have one of those kind of kids that are my favorite, she is gonna make my job so easy. She is so polite and listens perfectly. Good Job Mom" Okay that couldn't have gone better. I was terrified about how she would do. Not because I was worried about her being bad (she doesn't have that in her) but I was worried about her being away from me cause she hasn't been at all. She was so excited jumped in the car and started telling me everything. She wishes she was going every day instead of just three days a week. I am so proud of Makenzie. I know I'm that bragging mommy right now that everyone probably hates but it's just relieving to have someone on the outside of the family circle tell me how good she is cause I know it but I'm also partial. My most proud moment was I said "Makenzie did you make any friends?" She said "Mom they're all my friends!" THAT'S MY GIRL!!
2 comments:
Hi Makenzie,
I'm so proud of you. Your first day of school and all the friends you will make. You are going to learn so much.
Love you,
Grandma
She is so cute! Love her backpack!
Brandie, I can't believe you have a little girl big enough for school! It seems like yesterday we were all in school. I will never forget that night at your house with the creepy guy! EVER! HA!
Post a Comment