Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Anxiety

I usually don't post many blogs like this but I'm hoping maybe getting it out I will feel better. So Makenzie is going to be 4 in a little over a month. I've started looking into preschools because I was thinking about having her go to two years of preschool because she seems ready for school she is very smart but barely misses the deadline of kindergarten next year. As I've started to get more serious about it and looking into it more. I have become some what of a nervous wreck you could say. Josh is helpful and easy to talk to but I think no one really understands this like another Mommy. I've had Makenzie home with me since she was born. She hasn't been away from me much at all. So I'm hoping this is only natural to be feeling this way. Although I have to say I don't like it at all. I've never really had anxiety problems I don't like the feeling at all. My stomach has been in knotts and I'm having difficulty not being scared of everything. It probably doesn't help that I haven't been talking through it. I don't want Makenzie to hear me and her to be nervous and stuff too cause right now she is so excited.
So here's what is scaring me....
1. I don't know how to really get used to her being gone 3 hours a day.
2. I'm worried about how the other kids will treat her and how she'll treat them. She's a sweet heart and meets friends every where she goes but Josh and I have been having difficulty teaching her how to deal with the occasional "Bully" I never realized how hard that is. I want to tell her to defend herself at the same time don't want her to begin treating other children that way.
3. I guess my biggest fear is her getting hurt or something with me not being there.
There are some things that I'm excited for....(trying to be positive too)
1. I'm excited to have some alone time with my little man. I think that's important.
2. I'm excited to have Makenzie come home and tell me all about her day and hopefully miss me a little while she was gone.
3. I'm excited to talk about the things she is learning with her.
I know all of you are either thinking I'm crazy or this is normal. I hope that once she starts going and I pick her up and she is learning so much and making friends and telling me all about her day at preschool I'll feel stupid for ever feeling this way. It's just so weird how time flys. 4 years ago I was scared to death to have her. Then once she got here I couldn't take my eyes off her. Now she's my best friend (and Kayden) that I get to spend every day with. I love it she's growing up too fast. Anyways, sorry about the serious post I get emotional at every birthday they have. I get really excited too I'm not completely crazy.

No comments: