Thursday, June 23, 2011

Makenzie's First Year Of Tball

So I begged Kenzie to play last year and she refused. She is SO SO girly. She said it's a boy sport and she had to wear boy clothes so she didn't want to play haha! (So Makenzie) But after some convincing I got her to change her mind and just try it for this year. I told her if she didn't like it she didn't have to play again. Well after the first practice that quickly changed. She LOVES it. (I knew she would) She can't wait til next year already. So her coach got thrown into coaching when whoever was supposed to coach backed out at the last minute. So I was the assistant to help her. It was so fun. I fell in love with each and every girl. They were so good, wanting to learn, tried so hard and a couple of them really clang to me. It was awesome. When they got discouraged I would go bend down to them and say you are doing awesome, you're doing exactly what you're supposed to do. It was so cool to see their confidence go up and see them happy and having fun. They all got so good by the end of the season too. I can't wait to watch Kenzie play coach pitch next year. I hope to coach again too! Last night we had their last game and we had a pizza party after the game where we handed out trophies to each girl and a fun dvd I had made for them. I had a few of them come hug me and tell me thanks and Emily and I had every parent thank us for making it so fun for the girls. (WORTH EVERY SECOND) Makenzie made some cute little friends and hopefully she'll get to play with some of them again next year. It was a great season! Now on to soccer for Kenzie and Kayden.








No comments: