MAKENZIE:
She is getting way into basketball which of course makes me so proud. She is LOVING tball which I didn't expect since I had to twist her arm to get her to play. She's made a lot of friends on her team. The girls are so cute. I love love coaching!! I have so much fun with the girls. I love being able to lift them up when they get discouraged. It's been so fun. SO I am so glad that Makenzie is enjoying it as much as she is. She said she can't wait to play every year.
Makenzie has been telling me some things lately that I wanted to be sure to document. Yesterday I said Kenzie what are you doing? She said "Just surfin the web to find Grandpa a boy birthday card." 5 minutes later she came up to me and said "Apparently Disney has some so I printed them." (Surfin the web??? Apparently???) Then she later said "Mom can you go buy me some bras?" WHAT? NO!! STOP PLEASE!! She is growing up too fast. I'm so scared I'm gonna wake up and my little best friend is gonna be gone and not need me any more.

Besides Tball, Kindergarten, playing with friends, she is still the best sister ever. She LOVES her brothers so much. Makenzie is having little breakdowns about Luke so bad lately though. If he's on the couch, when he was on the bridge below, if he's on our bed... when we are right there she will start screaming that he's gonna fall and panicking. It's so cute cause she is so worried but telling her to calm down doesn't work.
Other than that I'll have a Kindergarten post soon. She'll graduate on July 1st. She got all A's (3's) for the whole year... One of the only 3 in her class to do so. I am so proud of her. There will for sure be a big gift that goes with that to help encourage her to keep it up!!

KAYDEN:
Aren't they so so CUTE!! I get to see that bond I've always heard brothers have. And these two do. Lucas's favorite person in the world is Kayden. I frequently find him hugging him, sword fighting him, following him... etc. It's so cute. Kayden is enjoying Summer vacation. It's hard since Kenzie isn't done but he is liking his late nights and no getting ready for school. He's really excited for Kindergarten this year though too.
He's getting to be quite the little smart aleck. But I have no one to blame except myself cause I am so sarcastic he has picked up on it. He looks like his dad but has my personality. The other day his transformers were in the hall (as always) I was carrying Luke and wipes and stuff and got hurt on it. I was so mad after telling Kayden to pick the up several times. I said Kayden go pick up your transformers right now and spend 5 minutes in time out in your room for not listening since I got hurt. He looked at me so seriously and said "Mom maybe you should watch where you're walking." I looked at him dead serious and said go pick it up and you just earned a extra two minutes. But when he couldn't see I laughed pretty hard. I want him to be respectful which is why he got in trouble but I also like watching him come into his own personality. He's so laid back and just says how it is. I LOVE that.
He is also in LOVE with basketball, football, soccer, and baseball. He says he's playing them all. He would've started this year but he broke both bones in his arm at the beginning of the season. I love this picture below shows how grown up he is getting. I can't believe he's going off to every day school this year. I'm gonna miss him so much.
LUCAS:
He is so much FUN!! The kid will not talk. Having two older siblings that do it all for you or get what you're pointing at without making him ask is really making him lazy in the speech department. But he's so LOVING, FUN, FUNNY, ACTIVE.... He's growing up too fast. I truly am watching Kenzie and Kayden all over again though. He's so EASY like they were. He doesn't want to give up his binkie though. I don't stress over that til 2 any way though cause it's his comfort. I know it's going to be hard like it was for Kenzie though. I remember everyone saying her teeth are going to be so messed up blah blah blah. Her teeth are great she had it cut up two days after she turned two she's now in Kindergarten with no binkie... haha. Crazy how people can take things SO seriously. Luke will be fine.
He is USUALLY wearing the smile below. He's happy happy happy just like his brother and sister. I am so grateful for the kids I've been given. I think it helps I don't take much too seriously with them being so happy and easy to please!! LOVE THEM!

His favorite things right now include walking at the park, riding on the back of my bike, and WATCHING MOVIES. Well really just two. Every day at some point Luke will bring me "Despicable Me or Mega Mind" without fail every day. He'll watch one just like this on the couch and freak if I turn it off early which I frequently have to. He'll just cuddle up and he's good to go. Seriously EASY. Just like Kenzie and Kayden. I love it.
That's the kids update.
Josh and I are "enjoying" summer semester and way more excited for Fall. We are loving life with the kids. Our summer so far includes bike riding, the park, the pool, the drive in, and next week our favorite thing will be our first vacation of the year to Arizona. CANT WAIT!! Sunshine here we come.
No comments:
Post a Comment