So it's been almost three months that I have had 3 kids. I was really scared for Luke to come. I had Kenzie and Kayden all figured out. They were in their schedules and routines and we functioned great. I was so afraid that I would have Luke not be able to get him in a schedule, throw everyone else off, not be able to go any where because I only have two hands. It could not be more different. Things have been great. Makenzie and Kayden help so much. They are so attached to him. Life wouldn't be the same with out him. It did throw Kayden off for a while but when you hear this story you'll understand why I don't mind. So Kayden's routine with sleep has ALWAYS been very predictable. Since he was 3 months old he goes down by 9pm and wakes up between 8am and 10am. He has ALWAYS slept in his bed and only come into ours on a few occasions when he was sick. So the week we brought Luke home Kayden started coming in our bed in the middle of the night. Josh and I just thought it was probably hard for him to not be the baby any more and so we went with it. We just figured it was what he needed right now. Well after a couple weeks of him doing it. I spent some alone time with Kaydo and asked him why he has been coming in mommy and daddy's room.
Kayden said "Mom, Lucas is supposed to be sleeping in my room."
I said "Sweetie he won't be in there for a couple months."
Kayden said "Then I'll be in here until he can sleep in my room."
I had no idea it was all about wanting to be close to Luke. Everyone is probably going to think that this is crazy since Luke is only 2 and a half months old but seriously Kayden and Lucas have this amazing relationship to watch. Maybe it's because they are two boys I don't know what it is. But Luke lights up when he sees Kayden or when Kayden starts talking. Luke will kink his head back looking for his brother when he hears his voice. It's the most wonderful thing to watch. Lucas does a very similar thing with Kenzie too but there is just something about Luke and Kayden. I love it so much.
Now Makenzie wow she has to be the most amazing big sister ever. She wakes up and immediately goes to find Lucas. She wants to feed him every chance she gets. She asks me to hold him a dozen times a day. If he needs a diaper or if he needs wipes she's running to get them with out me asking. Luke doesn't exactly sit well with everyone holding him. He's kind of picky about who it is and a little bit of a mama and daddies boy already but Makenzie can hold him. He'll just lay there and look at her. I love seeing it so much.
These three have changed my life so much and continue too. Just when I think I have myself figured out there's something else that I'm trying to do or change or be better at. They help me strive to be the BEST. I was cleaning today and opened all the windows cause it was so nice out side. I started thinking wow what a waste we shouldn't be in the house. I stopped cleaning right then and decided it was so much more important to be out with my kids. We went and got bread again and did the ducky park. They never get sick of that place. Tomorrow we are doing a picnic there.
I think about so many things because of them. The example I want to set as a mom. I was thinking about that a lot today. I honestly don't think I've been good at much in my life. I wasn't very good at school, I wasn't the best daughter growing up, I wasn't always a great friend, I try really hard to be a good wife but think I have a lot of work there too, but where being a mom is concerned it's nice to have something in my world that I really feel like I have figured out. Makenzie, Kayden, and Luke help me every day.
This is my update for now before I get too emotional.
No comments:
Post a Comment