There are a million reasons that I LOVE being a mom and a few things that has happened in the last week that makes me think of how lucky I am.
Starting with Luke and the fact that I am blogging right now with my little 8 pound baby asleep on my chest with his tiny hand clinched to the sleeve of my shirt.
We went to How To Train Your Dragon for the second time and Lucas ate at the beginning of the movie. He spent the whole movie sitting on my mom's lap watching the movie. Just like my other two did at movies. When I kiss his cheek he turns his head to kiss me. When his brother talks Luke's eyes light up and he starts looking around for him. When his sister holds him he cuddles down into her. Or the way he has started Cooing at me and Josh when we talk to him. I can't believe I ever thought about stopping at two. I can't picture life with out Luke in it. He has been just so good for all of us.
Now to Kayden: We were sitting at How To Train YOur Dragon and he wanted to sit by me not his sister or grandma or grandpa just by mommy. So we were watching the movie and Kayden grabbed my hand and held my hand for like a hour. The funny thing was he would eat and drink with his other hand it was so cute. A few nights ago he climbed up on the couch kissed me on the cheek and told me I was the best mom in the world. Or when I was really sick with strep throat we had all been sick for days and my house looked like a tornado went crashing through. I was working hard on cleaning it and fixing it but I was so SICK. Kayden said "Mom you are sick you should stop cleaning and lay down." He then went and got the vacuum and started vacuuming for me. I love the way he hates to be away from his sister and the way he kisses and sings to Luke when he cries. I love seeing him jump on Josh because Josh has been working long hours and we haven't seen him for a few days and Kayden just needs his GUY FIX.
And last but not least Makenzie: I love when Luke cries she comes running. She will sit next to his bouncer and sing or talk or tickle or just sit while he's sleeping next to him watching a movie. She loves him so much. I can't imagine a better big sister than her. For the last week she's been having bad dreams and told me "Mom I need you to take the dreams away." I said how do I do that Makenzie? and she said You and Luke come sleep with me. haha. I love that she notices everything even the little things most kids take for granted. My mom has been making us cookie dough and bringing it to us. Makenzie said why does Grandma always bring us cookie dough. I told Makenzie cause she loves us so much and knows you like it. Makenzie went and got my phone and had me tell her the number to call my mom. Makenzie said to grandma "I just wanted to call you and tell you I love you." My mom was so happy it made her day. What I love about Makenzie the most is the way she treats people. No matter where we go she's making friends and she is so polite.
I am so proud to be a mom of these three. But even more importantly I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT. Kenzie and Kayden constantly say "Excuse Me" when they want to talk to me or Josh or Grandma or Grandpa even if they arent interupting. They say thank you and please. They are very polite and so kind hearted. They love to do things for other people almost more than they love getting things for themselves. Which is usually not the case at this age. I am so proud of them and feel honored that God chose me for them. I know Luke will be the same.
If something were to happen to me tomorrow the one thing I want to make sure that my kids knew about me was how much I love them, how I couldn't and still can't at 4 and 5 do a night with out them. Luke won't spend a night without me for a LONG time either. I would want them to know that there is no one in this world that I would rather hang out with then them. Whether were bowling, playing mario, or laying on the couch watching a movie anything is better with them then with out them. Luke, Makenzie, and Kayden I love you guys more than anything. I think I was born to be a mom and more importantly born to be your mom. All three of you bring out the best in me and make me strive to be better every day. I love you.
Starting with Luke and the fact that I am blogging right now with my little 8 pound baby asleep on my chest with his tiny hand clinched to the sleeve of my shirt.
We went to How To Train Your Dragon for the second time and Lucas ate at the beginning of the movie. He spent the whole movie sitting on my mom's lap watching the movie. Just like my other two did at movies. When I kiss his cheek he turns his head to kiss me. When his brother talks Luke's eyes light up and he starts looking around for him. When his sister holds him he cuddles down into her. Or the way he has started Cooing at me and Josh when we talk to him. I can't believe I ever thought about stopping at two. I can't picture life with out Luke in it. He has been just so good for all of us.
Now to Kayden: We were sitting at How To Train YOur Dragon and he wanted to sit by me not his sister or grandma or grandpa just by mommy. So we were watching the movie and Kayden grabbed my hand and held my hand for like a hour. The funny thing was he would eat and drink with his other hand it was so cute. A few nights ago he climbed up on the couch kissed me on the cheek and told me I was the best mom in the world. Or when I was really sick with strep throat we had all been sick for days and my house looked like a tornado went crashing through. I was working hard on cleaning it and fixing it but I was so SICK. Kayden said "Mom you are sick you should stop cleaning and lay down." He then went and got the vacuum and started vacuuming for me. I love the way he hates to be away from his sister and the way he kisses and sings to Luke when he cries. I love seeing him jump on Josh because Josh has been working long hours and we haven't seen him for a few days and Kayden just needs his GUY FIX.
And last but not least Makenzie: I love when Luke cries she comes running. She will sit next to his bouncer and sing or talk or tickle or just sit while he's sleeping next to him watching a movie. She loves him so much. I can't imagine a better big sister than her. For the last week she's been having bad dreams and told me "Mom I need you to take the dreams away." I said how do I do that Makenzie? and she said You and Luke come sleep with me. haha. I love that she notices everything even the little things most kids take for granted. My mom has been making us cookie dough and bringing it to us. Makenzie said why does Grandma always bring us cookie dough. I told Makenzie cause she loves us so much and knows you like it. Makenzie went and got my phone and had me tell her the number to call my mom. Makenzie said to grandma "I just wanted to call you and tell you I love you." My mom was so happy it made her day. What I love about Makenzie the most is the way she treats people. No matter where we go she's making friends and she is so polite.
I am so proud to be a mom of these three. But even more importantly I LOVE EVERY SECOND OF IT. Kenzie and Kayden constantly say "Excuse Me" when they want to talk to me or Josh or Grandma or Grandpa even if they arent interupting. They say thank you and please. They are very polite and so kind hearted. They love to do things for other people almost more than they love getting things for themselves. Which is usually not the case at this age. I am so proud of them and feel honored that God chose me for them. I know Luke will be the same.
If something were to happen to me tomorrow the one thing I want to make sure that my kids knew about me was how much I love them, how I couldn't and still can't at 4 and 5 do a night with out them. Luke won't spend a night without me for a LONG time either. I would want them to know that there is no one in this world that I would rather hang out with then them. Whether were bowling, playing mario, or laying on the couch watching a movie anything is better with them then with out them. Luke, Makenzie, and Kayden I love you guys more than anything. I think I was born to be a mom and more importantly born to be your mom. All three of you bring out the best in me and make me strive to be better every day. I love you.
No comments:
Post a Comment