This blog is so necessary tonight for my sanity... I'm not even kidding one of the most disturbing things ever happened to me today. I honestly DID NOT know what to do. So I know that I've been described by many of my friends and family as maybe "Over Protective" I have never been more grateful for that label in my life.
So today there's a knock on my door and we just moved into a new place and don't really know anyone around us. There's two little girls in dress ups at my door. "Um okay never seen these kids before in my life." Apparently they've noticed us cause they wanted to know if "my little girl could come down and play." So I say "Kenzie's not actually allowed to play places where I don't know." I said I could come down and meet your parents and then if they say it's okay you can both play up here with Kenzie. So they told me their names and walked me down to the FIRST apartment. The little girl goes in to get her dad to come out and meet me. She comes back out and says "MY DAD ISN'T IN THE MOOD TO MEET ANYONE RIGHT NOW BUT HE SAID I CAN PLAY AT YOUR HOUSE." WTF.... So then she comes back up to play but I have no idea where this other little girl lives that is in my house so I tell her to walk me to her place which by the way isn't even in the same building.... We walk over.... I knock on the damn door and no one answers. So this little girl goes in and I stand at the door with it open she says to "SOMEONE" hey will you come to the door this lady wants to meet you??? The freakin 15 year old sister that is babysitting comes to the door in her pajamas, looks HIGH, and half asleep comes to the door. I tell her ya know this little girl just comes knocking on my door and I didn't want someone to not know where she was. The sister doesn't say anything to me BTW she was on her cell phone she looks at her little sister and says go to the other little girls house get that dress up off, get your clothes on and come back... I look at her and say "I think maybe you should walk with her to get dressed and come back" the girl is like "No she knows the way" AGAIN WTF... So I am walking this little girl back that is bawling by the way and had me pick her up she's crying on my shoulder. I said who is that your sister and she says yeah my teenage sister that doesn't take care of me.... SO SAD. I said I'm sorry sweetie but when your mom gets home I will be going over there and talking to her. I asked her when her mom comes home and she had no clue. So she cries the whole way. I walked both girls back down to the apartment below me with the dad HOPING AND PREYING THEY ARE BETTER IN THERE WITH THE LAZY ASS DAD THEN THE STUPID TEEN... But I didn't want them in my house even though that was probably much better for them. This is all around 3pm.
So 5:30pm rolls around I get home with groceries the little girl down stairs had just been watching for us, she walks her self up and says the other girl went home and her daddy said she could play with Makenzie at my house. (Still he has NEVER met me) I say okay cause she's better off with me... The girls had a ton of fun played dress up, we played princess and did their hair then had a photo shoot. So it's now 7:30 NO PARENTS have came to check on her or get her. I had to send her home so I could do all the bed time stuff for my kids. I DID NOT want to send this precious little girl home. I just wanted to pretend the parents didn't exist and keep her to be totally honest. Not in a creepy way but just to give her a home with attention. She was in heaven when I curled her hair and painted her nails and took pictures... SO SAD!!
OH DID I MENTION THESE GIRLS WERE 5 YEARS OLD!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!!
Any way the only good that came out of it is Kenzie had a lot of fun with a SWEET, INTELLIGENT, NEGLECTED LITTLE GIRL...
So today there's a knock on my door and we just moved into a new place and don't really know anyone around us. There's two little girls in dress ups at my door. "Um okay never seen these kids before in my life." Apparently they've noticed us cause they wanted to know if "my little girl could come down and play." So I say "Kenzie's not actually allowed to play places where I don't know." I said I could come down and meet your parents and then if they say it's okay you can both play up here with Kenzie. So they told me their names and walked me down to the FIRST apartment. The little girl goes in to get her dad to come out and meet me. She comes back out and says "MY DAD ISN'T IN THE MOOD TO MEET ANYONE RIGHT NOW BUT HE SAID I CAN PLAY AT YOUR HOUSE." WTF.... So then she comes back up to play but I have no idea where this other little girl lives that is in my house so I tell her to walk me to her place which by the way isn't even in the same building.... We walk over.... I knock on the damn door and no one answers. So this little girl goes in and I stand at the door with it open she says to "SOMEONE" hey will you come to the door this lady wants to meet you??? The freakin 15 year old sister that is babysitting comes to the door in her pajamas, looks HIGH, and half asleep comes to the door. I tell her ya know this little girl just comes knocking on my door and I didn't want someone to not know where she was. The sister doesn't say anything to me BTW she was on her cell phone she looks at her little sister and says go to the other little girls house get that dress up off, get your clothes on and come back... I look at her and say "I think maybe you should walk with her to get dressed and come back" the girl is like "No she knows the way" AGAIN WTF... So I am walking this little girl back that is bawling by the way and had me pick her up she's crying on my shoulder. I said who is that your sister and she says yeah my teenage sister that doesn't take care of me.... SO SAD. I said I'm sorry sweetie but when your mom gets home I will be going over there and talking to her. I asked her when her mom comes home and she had no clue. So she cries the whole way. I walked both girls back down to the apartment below me with the dad HOPING AND PREYING THEY ARE BETTER IN THERE WITH THE LAZY ASS DAD THEN THE STUPID TEEN... But I didn't want them in my house even though that was probably much better for them. This is all around 3pm.
So 5:30pm rolls around I get home with groceries the little girl down stairs had just been watching for us, she walks her self up and says the other girl went home and her daddy said she could play with Makenzie at my house. (Still he has NEVER met me) I say okay cause she's better off with me... The girls had a ton of fun played dress up, we played princess and did their hair then had a photo shoot. So it's now 7:30 NO PARENTS have came to check on her or get her. I had to send her home so I could do all the bed time stuff for my kids. I DID NOT want to send this precious little girl home. I just wanted to pretend the parents didn't exist and keep her to be totally honest. Not in a creepy way but just to give her a home with attention. She was in heaven when I curled her hair and painted her nails and took pictures... SO SAD!!
OH DID I MENTION THESE GIRLS WERE 5 YEARS OLD!! NOT EVEN KIDDING!!
Any way the only good that came out of it is Kenzie had a lot of fun with a SWEET, INTELLIGENT, NEGLECTED LITTLE GIRL...
4 comments:
That is so sad...unfortunately it happens all to often. Oh the world we live in!
How sad! I have to admit though I am not even surprised one bit by your story. There are so many losers who are "parents." Stories like this make me wonder why they have the opportunity to have children while others don't. You know what I mean?
How nice of you to let them come over to play though. I am sure they were in heaven getting all of that attention. Poor little girls.
It breaks my heart to see little kids who don't have families to take good care of them.
Especially when there are loving families out there like you and Josh who are struggling to expand your family.
I don't personally want kids, but you better believe that if I had one, I would love it like crazy! There wouldn't be a second that I would wonder where they were. I would be watching them like a hawk.
That is so sad. Good thing they had you watching over them.
Post a Comment