Friday, June 19, 2009

Appreciation

So yesterday was Josh's first day off work except one day in the last 21 days. Yeah his schedule has pretty much sucked but the over time pay and stuff was worth it. (Kind of) He works really hard for his family. Anyways, tonight is the first night we've got to hang out in weeks. It was so fun we had my brother and 3 of his friends over and Tab. We played poker and had hamburgers and bratts. It was so nice. I love having my little brother around. He is so much fun.

Anyway after all that fun ended it was like 12:30am and Josh and I went to go to bed but since it's been weeks since we spent time together we ended up talking til about 4am. I think I take for granted a lot what best friends Josh and I are. We can go from subject to subject. We'll go from Politics to Family to Justice to Lifestyles to Family and never run out of things to say. I love that. I love having him to talk too!

Josh and I were so young when we started dating we've really grown up together. Sometimes we take each other for granted and sometimes we aren't the best at communicating but for the most part for the majority of our time we do have a lot to talk about. It's crazy how much we agree sometimes and how much we have in common. But I love that we can disagree. Sometimes I think there is some changes we need to make and their are some but for the most part last night I became so grateful that neither Josh or I have changed who we are for each other. It just happened that we have so much in common. I feel like sometimes you get so wrapped up in the pressures and stresses of life and in my case I get so wrapped up in my kids that I tend to neglect or take my husband for granted. Don't get me wrong he is just as wrapped up in Makenzie and Kayden as I am but he always wants to make time for me! It's crazy how sometimes you get so wrapped up in life you forget to notice the little things. Last night I noticed everything. Maybe it's been 4 weeks since we've spent any quality time together but I noticed my hubby looking at me the same way he did the first time he met me. I noticed when we were having pillow talk him paying attention to me and caring what I had to say even on the two subjects we disagreed on. I realized with some stuff that we have been going through lately with people in our life judging us or telling us what to do that I married someone that would never do that to other people. I honestly think when Josh chooses to show it he is the most loving, supportive, least judgemental, accepting, open minded but strong minded person that I know. I love him for making me want to be better!

If any of you are like me and get wrapped up in the stress, pressure, money, work etc I totally suggest taking a night off with that and remembering exactly what you have.

I absolutely could not live with out Josh, Makenzie, or Kayden! I love them all so much. I had the BEST day with them yesterday and will definitely work on not taking my life for granted.

No comments: