Saturday, February 21, 2009

Just one of those nights!

So just to warn you I'm a little emotional tonight! I read this on my friend Kristan's blog tonight... Well it's just one of those nights!


"We should cherish our children, bring them up in the gospel of Jesus Christ, and teach them virtue, love, and integrity. They are not a source of weakness and poverty to family life, for they bring with them certain divine blessings that make for the prosperity of the home and the nation. “As arrows are in the hand of a mighty man; so are children of the youth." Joseph F. Smith


Okay so I have had a lot more input then I want and a lot less excitement then I want... Josh and I have been wanting to have another baby for over a year now. If it were up to Josh we would have already had one more and we would be done. We both feel that there is one more child waiting for us. I know there is. However, people close to us don't feel the same. They think we're pressing our luck we have a boy and a girl and don't need anything else. They think that financially it's too hard to support any more than two children these days. We've had every opinion possible most that are discouraging. Because I unfortunately worry too much about what some people may think (the part of my personality I really wish I could change) Josh is the opposite he really doesn't care about any one else's opinion. (I admire that in a way) I've decided tonight reading this that for me my children are the biggest blessing of my life. We have done our best and had constant blessings coming our way. Josh and I have loved our children unconditionally and put them first since day one and because of that I truly believe God has continued to bless us. We have had multiple things fall into place. Don't get me wrong we have struggled and we were poor starting out and we have needed help but if you asked me if I would trade any of it or change anything there's not a chance. My kids have changed my life! I really want to have one more. I know in my heart that I am supposed to have one more. This is now my favorite quote that I am going to remember.

Children don't bring poverty to the household they bring blessings to a household.

3 comments:

aLiSha said...

Brandie, I think that if you fill there is one more to add then bring him/her here. God will do what's best for you. I hope you know that I am with you on this one.

Kaylyn said...

Brandie ~
I think that this is TOTALLY a choice that you and Josh have to make. No one else should be able to tell you that you should or shouldn't have another baby. It's your family, and you have to do what you feel is best.

Don't let anyone else's opinions change your mind. It's not their decision to make.

It's not like you are talking about having IVF and coming out of the hospital with 8 babies, right? {because that would be crazy:)}

Follow your heart!
Kaylyn

Heidi said...

I completely agree with you. Don't let any outside opinions into your decision. You and Josh know what is best for your family. I say go for it you are a wonderful mom!!!