Sunday, January 18, 2009

Kenzie's First Sleepover

So this is one of those blogs that all of you reading it are going to think I'm crazy or more crazy then you already thought. That's right tonight is Makenzie's FIRST sleep over EVER! I've been away from her for 1 night when Kayden was born. I made Josh go get her from my mom's house and take her home to sleep in her own home. I do not like this at all. She's sleeping over at Grandma's house for the first time and I cried for about 15 minutes after we left and off and on ever since. I have EXTREME anxiety leaving her. I know my mom will take care of her but all these things I just can't help but think about happening and me not being there makes me extremely nausious. I think it's really important that she finally stays with someone. If I ever really needed to leave her I know she will be able to stay. Plus Kayden is loving the alone time with me right now! He's taking a little nap on me right now. He's so calm when it's just him and he doesn't have to compete with Kenzie... But I still hate it. Josh and I are anti-sleepover. We will not allow our kids to have sleep overs cousins are the exception and of course grand parents but no one else. I wasn't planning on letting them sleep at Grandma's even til they were a little bit older. So this is very hard for me. So I'm sure that I will be up all night and freaking out the whole time til she gets home safely tomorrow. This is something else I need to work on desperately for the new year. I'm sure Kenzie is having a good time and Kayden and I are going to go on a little date so it should be good. Then when she comes home tomorrow she won't be having another sleep over for about another year.... Please someone tell me this is normal and you have this hard of a time leaving your kid/kids too! 

2 comments:

BRITTANY said...

You will have to let me know if you like the books. And I am not sure how I will be in Ashlynn gets a bit older...right now I definitely wont leave her...but I also got the food..so we will see. I do agree on the no sleepovers except for with relatives...and it is a very nice house but it's not ours :) It's Derek's grandma's house. (she has 3 of them) She built it a few years ago. She is actually trying to sell it now. She mostly stays in south jordan but is in arizona for the winter. So we are loving it! And it is in Perry.

Kaylyn said...

Brandie ~ You are too funny! I hope that the sleepover went well, you will have to give us an update. :)

I'm sure that you are strong enough to handle an occasional night away from your kids. You're tough!

I miss you.