Tuesday, December 2, 2008

My Big Girl!

So something I love doing for Christmas is getting Makenzie's Christmas Dress. I love to get a full out fluffy big dress!! I take Makenzie shopping to see what she would like for her Christmas dress and since my daughter LOVES clothes and LOVES to shop. We went to JCPenny and she wanted at first one of the big fancy dress up princess dresses for Christmas. I told her no that she had to get a actual dress. So we went over to the dress section here is how our conversation went...

Mommy: Kenzie how about this one? (A pretty red one on top and black and red skirt puffy on bottom)
Kenzie: No mom that's not girly enough I don't like red!
Mommy: Okay how about this pink one? (Also very poofy and fancy and gorgeous sparkly)
Kenzie: No mommy I don't want to be itchy all over for Christmas! (hahaha)
Mommy: Kenzie which one do you want?

First she picked out a similar one to below but it was PINK (of course our fav color) But they didn't have that in her size so then she picked out the purple one below.

Mommy said: Really Kenzie you want that for Christmas!
Kenzie said: Mom, it's a skirt and has a butterfly and a LOT of sparkles.
Mommy said: It's not a Christmas dress though Kenzie.
Kenzie said: Why not?

Then I had to give in cause she was right. I don't know why not. So I did get it! It's so CUTE but I am hoping to take her again and have her find a more fancy dress! I do love that she is so GIRLY though! I just wonder where the days went that I dressed her and picked out what she wore and she couldn't say no! It's bitter sweet I miss those days but love seeing the girl she is becoming. She is girly, kind, loving, smart, and giving! I couldn't ask her for anything more. But seriously guys while your girls are little enjoy the headbands, clothes, shoes, and everything else you can force them to wear now. Cause they get to 4 and it's time they want to start picking these things out!


2 comments:

BRITTANY said...

It is a cute outfit she picked out! Kids say the cutest things! I love it!

Anonymous said...

Cute!! She is hilarious! We for sure have to get together. I want to see your little kiddos too. It might have to be a quick visit though because we won't be in Utah very long and we have to visit 3 families. Not complaining though! Thank goodness I don't have to spend it in Iowa!!!!!