Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Mother's Day

I had to wait until today to post my Mother's Day post because I went with Kayden to class today and he gave me First Mama Treatment. He opened the door when I got there, grabbed me by the hand and walked me to my seat, sang to me, served me a cookie and a drink and came back to take away my garbage. It was awesome and sad cause it reminded me of how fast he is growing up. Makenzie made me the MOST beautiful present at school. It said "Reasons I love my mom" She wrote "She loves me" "She givz me hugs" "She is fun" and "She plays with me." Kayden wrote on his paper that he "loves when I wash his blanket" "I am the best at doing the dishes and laundry" "I drive him places like the swimming pool" So funny. I LOVE IT ALL!!! It was a great Mother's Day. I got a new point and shoot camera a week earlier for it. Josh and the kids gave me some flowers. We went and got my mom some flowers and headed up to spend some time with Grandma and Grandpa in Brigham. The kids played board games and played with Photo Booth with them. Josh fixed their computer and I did some homework. It was a great Mother's Day.


Overall, Mother's Day was awesome as always. I love my kids and am lucky to have them. They are what drives me and makes me a better person every day. I'm striving to be happy to wake up every day and be happy to have my family and talk to the rest of my family just knowing I still have them. It's crazy how easily people get sucked into all the things that don't matter. I went to a fund raiser last week for a 8 year old boy named Dylan who has a inoperable brain tumor. His mother talked and thanked everyone and I couldn't help but bawl a little. Can you imagine? It would be bad enough watching your child be in pain, but knowing there is nothing you can do to stop it and it will only get worse. I can't imagine. I admire her. She's strong, she's faithful, she's understanding, and she's a incredible mother. If you want a new/better outlook on life read their blog. http://dylandshaw.blogspot.com. I can only hope to be half as strong as their entire clan if faced with anything like this. It's these kinds of things that SHOULD make people think. All those people that complain about being sick on a regular basis, being tired after a full 8 hours of sleep, this person said this, and this person said that, the people that only can think of themselves. Can you imagine having to go through something like that? I truly believe it would make all else seem very trivial. So even though I am not the one personally going through it just being at that fund raiser for that amazing little boy trivialized all else that I would usually complain about for me. I've always volunteered whenever I could a little bit here and a little bit there. But I forgot how amazing it is. Plus I took Kenzie and I feel like I just set such a good example. I explained to her that we got to be apart of something so much bigger and even though it was just a little bit of help from us all of it will go a long way for this family. Makenzie my little girl wise beyond her years said to me "Mommy don't you hope that if we ever needed help these people would be there." Then later said "Mommy I will give all my pocket money to that family." I am so proud to be this little girls mom. I'm so proud to live in a community and to have grown up in a community where people pull together to help each other when needed. I pray for a miracle for the Shaw Family and I thank them for being a constant reminder and writing about the things in life that are TRULY IMPORTANT!!

Happy Mother's Day Everyone. I have the two best mom's a girl could ask for and am a mother to the best children I hope for many many more to come and will not take them for granted!!

No comments: