Unfortunately it's been a rough couple of weeks at the Page house!! At least that mean it can only get better. We've all been sick... The worst part is that it has been passed around and around again! I used a whole can of lysol and have been disinfecting, disinfecting, and disinfecting. But still. It started with Kayden then went to Luke and Kenzie, then to me, then to Luke, then to me and Luke, then finally to Josh. We got pink eye, strep throat, a crappy head cold, and finished it off with the flu!! BRING ON THE SPRING!!! I can't wait for it to warm up now. Being sick is so miserable with 3 kids but I forgot how bad it sucks with a baby. My poor Lucas is so miserable. The other two look at it as vacation. They watch movies and relax. Luke just was confused and didn't understand why his WHOLE body hurt. My poor little man!
So Thursday night I decided that I was a little better and NEEDED a night out. I LOVE LOVE my kids and so never do a night to myself but I wanted to go out to a Jazz game and spend some time with my brother. So Justin and I went to dinner and then the game. Half time comes and we head down to check out the stuff and get a drink. That's when Justin's phone rings... It's Josh of course something has to happen when I'm not there that will make it so I won't feel comfortable leaving them for a long time again. Josh says you should head to the hospital, Kayden broke his arm!!! Are you freaking kidding me??? AGAIN???!!! He broke his right arm two years ago at my parents house. He broke both bones and it was a clean break right in the middle. This time it was his left arm both bones and they pushed up a bit!! Seriously... Nothing surprises me any more. I got to the hospital and pretty much didn't leave his bedside for about 4 hours. They had to put him out to fix the break and I was just kind of a mess... Asking a million questions. I'm not comfortable with the times when I've had to be put out.... Let alone my baby!! He was on morphine and quite out of it. He did some really funny things. So what happened is that Josh was at home making dinner. Lucas was in his high chair and Makenzie and Kayden were fighting (A usual thing lately) they were fighting on Kayden queen size bed that the frame is pretty tall and Makenzie threw him off. Apparently he landed on it just right and it broke. Poor baby. Makenzie did feel horrible though. I don't think they'll do that again. So after hours at the ER and a million "did you do this to your son" questions. Just kidding it wasn't that many but of course they need to look into it. I finally got to bring my little man home. Josh and Justin and Tyson took Kenzie and Lucas home. Shannon stayed at the hospital with me. Another reason we have the best friends ever. They rush over to the hospital when my boy is hurt then she kept me sane through watching them put him under, push like crazy on his arm, and having to wait it out for him to wake up. He is one LOVED little boy. He's only in a splint til Thursday then he gets his COOL cast!!
List of my FAVORITE conversations with Kayden at the hospital:
Kayden: "Mommy I'm upset that I can't work out right now?"
Me: "Kayden honey I don't think you need to work out especially right now. Just relax baby"
Kayden: "At least I can work out my legs."
Then he begins bicycling his legs.
Kayden: "Mommy I can't kiss or hug you."
Me: "Oh I think you can still kiss me with a broken arm."
Kayden: "Ok but I can't hug"
5 MINUTES LATER
Kayden: "Mommy hug me. I can with one arm"
Me: "Kayden who gets to sign your cast"
Kayden: "Mommy, Daddy, Luke, Tyson and Shannon"
Me: "What about Kenzie?"
Kayden: "No because she broke my arm!"
MY FAVORITE ONE
Kayden: "Mommy go get Lucas and bring him here."
Me: "Oh honey he's gone now, daddy took him home cause there so many sick people here."
Kayden: "(whiney)Aaaahhhhh I want Lucas"
Me: "Sorry sweetie you'll see him right when we get home"
Other than all that fun stuff!!
Makenzie: She came home with a report card today of all "Exceeds Expectations" She is in the advanced reading program and she has got her Math down. Like she's started having me teach her times tables. (Just x1 and x0) but still she's doing great. I am so proud of her. She retains everything. What is most important to me I was asking her teacher how she is with everyone else in her class on her field trip and Mrs. Kagie said she treats everyone wonderfully. She's very respectful and nice to everyone. Riding home on the bus with her she has her BEST FRIEND named Brynlee who she's started spending A LOT of time with. She is the cutest and nicest little girl. I just adore her. I'm so proud of Kenzie and grateful she has adjusted to school so great. She is really excited to start 1st grade this year. She says she's excited to be there all day.
Kayden: He is so excited to start Kindergarten too. Other than his broken arm he is doing great. He learns a lot from Kenzie and picks up on things just as quick. Next week me and him are going to start working on reading hard core. His preschool teacher thinks he's ready for it. He is loving being a big brother. He loves spending so much time with Luke. Loves having him sleep in his room. They are so so CUTE together. He comes home from preschool telling me all about his friends. Luckily there is a LOT of boys in his class. His teacher has also commented on how good Kayden treats people. She says he's a little shy but nice to everyone!! WHAT?? My son is shy? Didn't expect that. But yeah I'm grateful that he knows how to treat people. I'm loving watching the little man he's turning into. So proud of him.
Lucas: Still the HAPPIEST baby in the world. And changing into one of the most loving. Lots of hugs and kisses. He's blowing kisses, waving, pointing... He points to what he wants and goes ah ah... I say you want a ba ba.. He's go walk to the kitchen. So I say say ba ba and he says bah as he's pointing. He LOVES LOVES movies. His favorite is Megamind or Despicable Me. He'll bring me one of those almost every day and then he will sit and watch the WHOLE thing!! I'm not kiddin either. My other two loved movies but at about 2 not this early. He loves it. He is such a good boy. Loves to cuddle. Loves to play. I am just loving him.
So yeah that's the update for the last month pretty much!!
No comments:
Post a Comment