Thursday, March 31, 2011

Dear Makenzie

Today was a rough day in my princesses world!! She has been acting a little off lately not sure what it was! That changed tonight. She told me that she has been being teased at school because she has no teeth. She's the only girl in her class that has lost the top two and 3 on the bottom. So she's being called names! Apparently all the other girls don't realize that they will all be losing their teeth too. So after she cried it out to me and told me how "not pretty" she is "anymore" I was so sad. I was thinking this is why I wanted to homeschool. I never wanted to see her sad like this and girls can just be plain mean! So I simply explained to her... Makenzie sometimes kids can be really mean and for no reason at all. Sometimes they will say things that are hurtful because they think they're funny or they're cool. You have to just hold you head up high and turn the other way. There's no reason to say anything back to these people. If you don't care soon they won't either. Then being the overly sensitive about my kids mom that I am a little bit of that I can't stand you for treating my baby bad came out. I said Kenzie look at it this way all of your major teeth are out now. You'll spend the summer having them come back in and have beautiful grown up teeth in the first grade. While most of them will just be losing their teeth then! Don't worry baby everyone goes through this. It's just another one of those things that is the difference between girls and boys!!! Girls use that to pick on eachother and care so much about the physical... While boys would just think it's cool!! "Dude you lost a tooth... Cool........." Having to hold my daughter up is my luxury as her mom. I am so glad that we can talk about everything so open. But I was just hoping this kind of stuff wouldn't start in Kindergarten!!


So DEAR MAKENZIE:

No comments: