Tuesday, March 22, 2011

My Good Side Won Over...

We've all been in those situations where there's a stupid fight or something blown WAY out of porportion and things get said you wish you could take back. After a very long time of not having to deal with these kind of situations I had a very stupid situation this week. I've not had any one talk to me like that in years and seriously if I posted what it was about you wouldn't believe me it was that stupid. Any way with all the insults and really rude things that were said about me and my family I think the me before my kids would have said things that I couldn't take back and would've regretted back. There was a lot that I wanted to say but didn't. I realize that I seriously think about the things I say and the impact they will have MOST of the time. Not all of the time cause I am human and make mistakes and sometimes say things I really wish I hadn't but for the most part I think about it first. I think about Kenzie, Kayden, and Lucas and how I would want them to react or handle a situation. I think if I get all worked up and dramatic and saying hateful things back then they will think that is ok. Things really have to matter to me to get upset now. Really I just want my kids to have a laid back attitude.
So thinking about this situation a little the next day I was thinking how grateful I am for my parents. Every parent makes mistakes. I know I will make plenty. But it just seems these days that kids can almost get away with anything. In a lot of cases people are proud of it too. Like proud of being blunt or seriously feel tough when they treat people badly and talk down to them. So when I was growing up obviously I am not proud of the fact that I got mouthy with my parents a LOT. I regret it now obviously. But I always knew that if I were to do that to my Grandma's, Aunts, Grandpas, Uncles, Cousins etc. Especially my grandparents I would be lucky if I was breathing the next day!! Okay not that serious but lets just say I would've been terrified to deal with my parents had I ever done that. I think that's the way it should be. In my mind it wouldn't have ever been acceptable so it wasn't a problem. That's how I want my kids to be too. It took me a long time to learn they're just words.
Makenzie, Kayden and Lucas they are JUST WORDS... No one can hurt you unless you let them. Seriously think about situations and if they are worth the fight some things people get mad about these days just blow my mind what a waste of time. I've never regretted things I may have wanted to say and didn't if they were hurtful... If they aren't say them.. If it's out of love or whatever say it instead of wishing you hadn't. But if it's spiteful, mean, immature, hurtful I promise you, you won't regret not saying it. People stoop low they'll bring other people you love into it which is usually where I struggle to control myself but really controlling myself was the best thing I could've done. It's been so long since I've been in a "fight" but I always remember thinking about them in highschool and being like "I was so stupid when I said that" or "I can't take that back" or feeling really guilty that I had purposely hurt some elses feelings. After this happened this week there was not a moment where I thought "I wish I had said this" or "I wish I hadn't said that." You'll make your own mistakes and I know that. So of course these are just the little things if you can learn from me that I want you too. Luckily so far you're all 3 so kind hearted and SELFLESS... You care about others more than yourself and all I can do is PRAY it stays that way!
Thank you 3 for making me a better person and thanks Mom and Dad for setting serious boundaries and not defending me if I was hurting myself or others or just being ridiculous.

No comments: