Wednesday, April 9, 2008

IDOL GIVES BACK!!

idol gives back

I'm so excited for Idol Gives Back tonight. I cried through the whole thing last year and I'm sure I will again tonight. I realized last year how incredibly LUCKY and ISOLATED all in one show. I felt Lucky to have healthy children and have a place to live and how much I take those things for granted. But I really realized how Isolated I was. I didn't realize that those living conditions existed. The story that was the hardest for me to take was the 13 yr old boy that was taking care of himself and his little brother on his own. That made me so sad. At thirteen I was going to school, playing basketball, and hanging out with my friends and there's this boy that has just as many responsibilities as I do now as a adult but he has much less resources. He was one of the strongest children I've ever seen. Josh and I have been trying to decide if we want one more child now or we want to wait and I feel so selfish for that cause there's so many children that could use a home. Any ways, I'm going to "GIVE BACK" tonight not as much as I wish I could but still I'm sure every little bit helps!

No comments: