As much as I want my kids to know that getting married at such a young age and having kids at such a young age is not the most responsible or best way to go sometimes things just happen the way they are supposed to. It took Josh and I a while to get here but now we are so close to everything we've ever wanted. We have the kids we wanted and as long as everything goes well we will have the house we always wanted. I've been very fortunate. Don't get me wrong Josh and my way of doing things definitely made it harder and to some people it may not have been right but I wouldn't trade it for a second. As hard as the road was I realized I was one of the lucky ones. I found someone that his first priority is and always has been his children and family. He works so hard for us every day. School full time and a full time job so I can be the only one besides him to take care of our kids. I also found my best friend. We have hours and hours of conversations. We always come out of our trials stronger and more solid. He brings out the best and worst in me sometimes but mostly he makes me want to be better every day. With every child we've brought into this world we have got to see a new side of each other.
Makenzie brings out Josh's very protective side. He has a smile every time he sees her and you can see that she is the most beautiful person he's ever seen.
Kayden brings out the playful side of Josh. Hours and hours of wrestling. You can see the PRIDE on Josh's face when Kayden makes his basketball in the hoop or throws the football.
Luke brings out the sensitive side of Josh. Watching him be so careful when he changes his clothes or diaper. Hearing him baby talk to Luke trying to make him laugh.
It's fun to see how different he is with each one but how much he loves them all the same.
I am so grateful for the kind of person that I married. In some ways we are so different but in most ways we are just the same. We've had our bad times but mostly good and after all this time we still love each other's company. I can't wait to settle into a house. I know it will be worth the wait and I want you to know Josh I wouldn't trade or change a thing about my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment