Monday, February 1, 2010

Lucas Ray Page


I am going to go through a update on my Luke. So my pregnancy was going pretty good until last week. On Sunday the 24th I started having contractions and a lot of abnormal pain. I was having really bad chest pains, a hard time breathing, I passed out once walking up our stairs, and I was having contractions. I went to the hospital and was dialated to a two. I spent all week with them getting worse. So I went to my doctor's office on Thursday the 28th. The doctor told me I was at a 3.5 to 4.0 and he said you're definitely in the beginning of your labor. He offered me some sleeping pills he said to get me through the next couple days before I had him. I probably should have gotten those pills instead of being so stubborn and all "I'm not going to take anything." But I didn't so Thursday to Monday the pain was getting worse and worse. The breathing was starting to freak me out and I kept having a lot of liquid at one time come out.


So finally today after staying awake almost all night I felt the worse contractions I've felt through this whole pregnancy and my other two. I decided to go get my prescriptions from Walgreens at 4am. Well I got down to my car and was throwing up over and over. I drove myself to the hospital instead because the throwing up was causing the contractions to harden and I couldn't stop. When I got here they checked me and I was a 4.5 still. So they decided to monitor me especially with my throwing up for a hour and a half before calling my doctor. When they checked me I was a 5, they called my OB and he said good get her IV started she's in labor. Once they got my IV and my epidural and everything it was only another two hours.


LUCAS RAY PAGE was born at 11:47am, he was 6 lbs and 5 oz and 19 inches long. He is so cute. He has some curly strawberry blonde hair that will all fall out in the next couple days. He's tiny and I love him so much already. I pretty much bawled when he was born just like I did with my other two. Nothing makes me happier than my kids. Kenzie and Kayden held him and just absolutely loved him right off the bat. They were so excited to have him. I can't tell you how much love I feel for my children. It is beyond describable. I can't put into words what it is like the first time I see them. How I feel when I get to take care of them. Or the way I feel when they look at me or their little hands hold mine. I love all three of them so much.

2 comments:

Turok said...

CONGRATS...he's adorable!! he is getting me more and more excited for our little one to come. Thank you for sharing your experience..and motherhood is truly the best! Congrats again!!!

Kaylyn said...

Congrats you guys!! What a handsome little man! I can't wait to see more pictures. He's just adorable.

:)