Well my little Lucas is 2 weeks old today. It's going by just as fast as the other two. Although I feel robbed of that first week. So here's a recap of how crazy the Page Life was the last couple weeks. Besides having a son in the NICU. I had a husband get admitted into the hospital. Josh had so much potassium in his blood they said his heart could've stopped at any given moment. Definitely one of the scariest moments of my life. The first day he was at the hospital I was trying to picture what my life would be like with out him something to be honest that has crossed my mind because of course we've had our problems just like any other couple that is being honest. But I have never thought about life without him in it. I can honestly tell you it puts a lot into perspective. That is a life I wouldn't want to face. I am one tough girl and have been through enough to know I can make it through about anything. But losing one of my kids or my husband is not something I think I could do. So after 2 very long nights in the hospital they found out what is wrong with Josh. He is now on about 7 different medications. Which he will slowly be able to get off of. We've had a change in diet to a diabetics diet. Which will be great for all of us. We have had a WONDERFUL week even with all that has gone on. Josh has a new appreciation for life. Luke is home and great. Kenzie and Kayden love him more than anything. We've spent so much quality time together. Josh and I have been so helpful to each other. It's been PERFECT!!
CHANGING SUBJECT:
I am getting my baby maker shut off in a few weeks. I've thought long and hard about it and I knew that I would know when it was time. I'm sure it is now. I have the perfect family. I feel like were all here. Before Luke I thought I was done but told Josh about a year and a half ago that I felt like someone was missing. Yep that was Lucas. I don't have that feeling any more. I have the perfect daughter and 2 perfect sons. I am so happy. This last pregnancy was really hard on my body and my emotions. I LOVE Luke so much and it was all worth it. It's strange I found out a lot about my self and the people around me through having Kenzie and Kayden but by far the most with Lucas. It was a much more difficult pregnancy for me and I was so much more emotional and sensitive with him then I was with any of my others. Some of the people around me couldn't handle. Which to me says a lot cause the ones that were mean to me about it have had many of their own outbursts and mood swings and without being pregnant. I've always put up with it and well I might add. So I figure oh well. I can't change things I've done or said and I know I'm making myself sound terrible. Really it was just a couple irritated moments on my part that I didn't handle the best. For some reason when I'm pregnant I have a harder time not just keeping things in and to myself. Even though that is what is best with so many in my life. It's just picking my battles. For some reason I am not able to do that so much pregnant. I am excited to be back to my normal self again. Luckily I have so many people in my life that love me regardless. Especially my Makenzie and Kayden that had to put up with a sick mom for 8 months and a tired one with little energy and my mom that had to put up with all my little venting episodes. She loves me no matter what and I think in some ways we are so much alike it makes it easier to understand each other. So bottom line I'm sorry to everyone that had to deal with pregnant Brandie and for those that couldn't handle it well I'm sorry what goes around comes around. Understanding and patience are my best qualities however I no longer feel the need to hand that out to those that don't have the same courtesy!!
MOTHER OF THREE:
I have always felt I have the best job in the world. I'm lucky to have a good, strong head of household that makes it possible for me to be the one to take care of my kids and the one that is there for all the important things. Having 3 is not much different from the 2 for me. Luke is so much like Kenzie and Kayden were. He loves his sleep so I'm getting 6 to 7 hours straight at night just like I did with them. Kenzie and Kayden are huge helpers. I am LOVING every second of it. They have showed me so much, sometimes I feel like they guide me more than I do them.
Makenzie, Kayden, Lucas I love you all so much. I am so LUCKY to call my self your mom.
1 comment:
I am so glad to hear that all is going well for you guys after having two family members in the hospital. What a relief.
I am glad that you are back to blogging, I've missed you! Just one request....more pictures please!! We need to see more of this sweet new baby!
Post a Comment