Saturday, January 23, 2010
Haiti
I'm finally bringing myself to write about this tragedy in my life time. This last week that I have been watching all of the coverage on the Haiti earth quake I have experienced every possible emotion.
I was so SAD for those people. Heart broken for what they are going through and how they are being forced to live. The things they are seeing. The children that have lost their parents. The children that are on the street because their orphanage collapsed. At least 70 children were killed at one orphange that collapsed. That breaks my heart.
I experienced complete ANGER!! Hearing people in the media talk about them bringing this on themselves with their poor buildings. I'm sorry this was a natural disaster. There are plenty of people that get by with what they have. That is what the people of Haiti have done. Their buildings lacked certain standards because they can't afford it. The government there might clearly be corrupt but in no way are those people responsible. All those innocent people and children did not bring this on themselves.
I have experienced some PRIDE: My Makenzie saw some of the footage of this. I know I'm a horrible mother for letting her watch it. But really they were napping while I was watching Oprahs report on it. I didn't realize Kenzie had been awake just watching for most of it. She had a LOT of questions about it of course. I just talked to her about it. I didn't down play it or tell her a small version. I answered all of her questions and explained to her what had happened. That night at dinner. She said mom my hope for today is that those people get help. My son Kayden said me too. Then later we were watching the GOOD news on the news that a Heber family had found their 3 children they were in the process of adopting and that they were going to get them. The adoptions were fast tracked to get the kids here. Makenzie told me that I should adopt a girl so that she can have a sister. First she said a baby then she said well it would be fun to share my clothes and toys and room with a sister. She really does have the biggest heart and really strong opinions already. Josh and I learn more from Kenzie and Kayden then they do from us.
I felt GUILTY: For having so much while people don't have anything. If I lost my home my parents would be right there. A lot of these children don't have parents. They don't have any where to go. I can't imagine not being able to get my child water for a couple days. That's what they are going through. I am so appreciative of the things I have and opportunities I have. I hope that the people of Haiti will get all of these things too.
Lastly I am so PROUD TO BE A AMERICAN: Look at how we step up when we are needed and how much we care. From the top to the bottom. There's our amazing soldiers that were straight away on their way there to help. There's our billionaires (Actors, politicians, businessman) donating money, the millions of people with me that logged on to ITunes to buy the music that the money is going to Haiti. Seriously every one just trying to decide how we can help. I would love to be able to bring a couple of those kids home. Give them food and a roof. Maybe one day.
I will be preying for the people of Haiti every day. I hope everyone knows how lucky they are. I sure do.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment