Tuesday, March 24, 2009
Grandpa's Passing
My grandpa Earl passed away today. He was my mom's dad. I didn't spend much time with him for the last 10 years but before then there was a time when he lived with us and another time when he lived right down the street. I remember so many things about my Grandpa that I loved. My favorite thing about him was he was very affectionate. I knew how much he loved me even with not seeing him much. When I did see him he hugged and kissed me and held my hand. He was so loving. He had 6 biological children but took care of my grandma's other 7 as well. He had 39 Grandchildren and 35 Great Grandchildren. He was blessed to Love A LOT. I am going to miss him. It was very difficult being right there when he died but I'm glad I got to spend those final minutes with him.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa :( But CONGRATS on the new bundle on "it's" way!! That is so exciting! I hope you're feeling good :)
One thing that makes me sad when I think about my mom passing away is that I didn't make it in time to be there with her. Cherish the fact that you were able to be at his side, I really think it will comfort you more.
I know that your heart aches right now, and this is the second loss that you have experienced in such a short amount of time, but just know that you have people around you that care.
I'll be thinking of you!
Kaylyn
Post a Comment