Saturday, November 1, 2008

Giving Thanks!


So since it is the month of giving "Thanks" Kristan (I love reading her blog) gave me this idea. I am going to do blogs all month posting about people in my life that I am "THANKFUL" for. I'm not going to go in any particular order. Just really random. But any one else wants to do this it could be FUN to read them all! I love the holidays for this reason. It's a time to be with family, think about how lucky we are, and I love every second of it.


I'm going to start my giving Thanks with my Mom! There's no better person.


Starting from childhood I've had a very supportive mom. It didn't matter what I wanted to persue she was right there. She got me into dance when I was younger and that just wasn't my thing. I love to dance for fun but didn't enjoy the competition stuff. I always loved sports. My mom was the coach of my softball team and my basketball team. If she wasn't coaching she was in the front row on the stands 30 minutes before the game started and cheering me on while I was warming up (Kind of embarrassing at the time) She was always the loudest person in the crowd and if she didn't like a call she always let the ref know. My best memory of my mom with my sports is when me and my friend Erin decided to compete in 2-Ball. We won the city competition and had to go to Logan then we won the region competition and they told us that if we had one of the 2 highest scores in the State we would be competing at the Delta Center. They called us and Erin and I had gotten to go compete. My mom was even more excited then me. Taking pictures and cheering us on we WON. We took state and played at half time at the Jazz game. It was a great day. I was more happy cause my mom was so proud of me though.


I've never been afraid to talk to my mom. I don't tell her everything which drives her crazy sometimes but I know that I can. I know that's more important that I can talk to my mom if I need to and I don't have to be afraid. It's always been that way. I remember in high school I had that high school love and we broke up and for a 17 year old girl it's the end of the world! (Silly now) I cried for a week straight. My mom would come crawl into bed with me and just let me cry she would try to tickle me to sleep nothing really worked but eventually she did get me through it.

Most importantly when I got pregnant with Makenzie. Honestly I could hear her disappointment. I think she was worried about how hard it was going to be or that I wasn't ready for it. Which it was hard and I was young but she was so excited for Makenzie. She wasn't ashamed of me. She told everyone. Most people HATE the idea of being called grandma especially when you're only 40 but she loved it. She told everyone... She spoils Makenzie and Kayden. She sees them and she comes running. I don't know what she would do if we ever moved away we're too far away now. When we lived in Brigham she would call me and say "I haven't seen my grandbabies today." I love it!

My mom and Kenzie at the hospital.


Peach Days!
My Mom and Kayden Christmas 2005!

Mom you are amazing! I know I don't always tell you as much as I should but I love you so much. I appreciate you more than you'll ever know. You are the best mom and the best grandma. Josh, Me, Makenzie, and Kayden are lucky to have you. The people in your family that have been absent in your life have no idea what they are missing. You're AMAZING!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a great tribute to your cute mom. This post made me miss my mom so much. Mothers are the best!