It always amazes me that if you are open enough the way people can change your lives. I've had a lot of that lately I feel like. There are people that go through life and just go through the motions... I have to get up and go to work, go home, eat dinner, I'm exhausted and go to bed. I have fallen into that routine way more than I care to admit and maybe we all do. But I've been thinking a lot about all the things I want and want to do. Most of them far down the road but that's the point of making goals and remembering how amazing it feels to achieve them. First of course is Josh and I getting our house. That will happen this year FINALLY. I can't wait. I'm reminding myself every day working this job that I love and hate all at the same time. It will all be worth it in the end. I was doing it just to get quite a bit down for a house but after thinking about all these other things I want to be able to do with my kids I think it will be much more permanent.
As for the people that have changed me. I met a little girl age 13 that brought me out of my bubble of "these things just don't happen to kids" and into the real world. The things this little girl has gone through is heart breaking. So I have called and signed up for Big Sister, Big Brother. I'm excited to volunteer and give some of these kids some attention and fun they need.
Second a friend of mine with the cutest blog has changed how Holidays work at this house. Life is seriously about having fun. Going through the motions of it is no where near as much fun as actually enjoying it. We had the BEST Valentines we have ever had this year. It was so much more fun for me and Josh that we got into it and the kids LOVED every second of it. They were suprised and excited and had just as much fun giving as getting! (Later post all about it) I thought I want to carry this on. Josh said heck yeah we need to do this stuff even when they're grown and for our grandkids. We haven't had many traditions and it seems we stress more about the holidays then make it fun for the kids. Which I end up regretting. I want it to be fun and make lasting memories with them. Which I don't mean spending a ton of money but just doing things that are fun and thoughtful.
Third I can feel Spring coming on and have been thinking about Summer more like dreaming about Summer and all the things I want to do with the kids. We went camping last year with our friends Brook and Lana and I told Josh this is exactly how I want to be... They put in their 40 hours and LIVE for playing with eachother with their kids. They are so active and in the truck with the boat or pulling the trailer to many different locations or both. We had so much fun I really want that. So my goal is to get some toys. Keep my cars until they break and if I do need a new one it won't be new and get some toys so I can have as much fun as I did growing up. I wanna be active and I love camping and boating and most importantly I want to do it always. So that's my goal in the next few years first a trailer then a boat and be gone every weekend out camping, sitting around a fire, making smores, being thrown off the tubes, with no electronics, having fun with my kids.
Which brings me to my last goal. I'm going to spend this year getting to my goal weight, working out 5 days a week, learning to cook, and being even more active!!
I had to write all this out so I don't FORGET!! There not Resolutions cause we all know no body keeps those they are lifestyle changes and challenges!!
No comments:
Post a Comment