There's a MILLION things I love about this time of year. The holidays are wonderful and the most time I get to spend with my family in our busy lives.
So it's a week before Thanksgiving which of course always gets me thinking about the many many things I have to be grateful for.
I am so grateful for my little family of five. I was scared to have Luke for lots of reasons. I was out of baby mode, I had Kenzie and Kayden all figured out, and everyone had a opinion and most seemed to think I should stop at my two a boy and a girl what more do I need? Well I NEEDED LUCAS. It's amazing how one little person can bring SO MUCH to one house. I mean he's changed my life and Josh's but more importantly Kenzie and Kayden's. Makenzie is the most loving sister you'll ever see. She just can't wait to get home from school and see Lucas. Well Kayden couldn't be happier about being a big brother. I frequently catch him kissing Luke on the head or yelling for Luke to crawl to his room and they sit and play with his Transformers. Lucas just likes to push the buttons on them and make them talk but yes Kayden will have him loving them as much as he does soon. Josh and I just frequently feel like we're reliving our first year with Kenzie and Kayden. Everyone says Lucas is the happiest baby they've ever seen and he's so good and well behaved... It's true honestly... Which is why we feel like we're reliving the other two. Kenzie and Kayden and Lucas amaze me how much they are alike in their manorisms and their likes and dislikes and sleep habits. They've really all been the same and Josh and I are very lucky. So MOST IMPORTANTLY I'm grateful for my husband and kids. My life is WONDERFUL and AMAZING with them.
I am so thankful for our families. We have so much love and support it's incredible. I feel guilty that some people don't have that and we have so much. We've been through quite a few scares this year and through it I realized that Josh's parents would do anything for us and often times do. When Luke was born things were hard for us. Luke was in the NICU and we didn't know at the time but Josh was shortly going to be checked into the hospital but he was really sick. I was overwhelmed and scared so my mother in law got my father in law on the next flight up. He ran arrands, filled our empty fridge, and did anything I asked for 4 days. They worry about us and adore our kids. Thank god for inlaws like that. I have a second mom and dad that treat me as if I was their own. Then there's my parents. My dad adores my kids. And my MOM well there honestly has never been a more AMAZING woman. How is it that mom's can do so much for you in big and little ways with out even knowing it most them time. She has a way of calling me at just the right time or coming to see me on one of those days that I just need it with out me asking or telling her I need her. This last year we've seem to become even better friends. And she would do absolutely anything for my kids.
I pray for the day that we can do as much or be as much to our parents that they are for us!!
Last but not least Josh and I are so thankful for our friends. We truly have the most incredible friends. I don't know what we would do with out them every weekend. They really help our marriage. I think people should do what works for them and for Josh and I it's having the extra company and the game nights and deep conversations with a room full of our favorite people. We all frequently help each other out and are there for each other. Josh has been friends with all of them since Jr. High which frequently makes me miss my friends that I've had for that long but then I realize this group of people aren't just Josh's friends they love me too. Plus Josh's friend Rj married Crystal and I truly don't know what I'd do without this girl. We are going through everything at the same time she had a son shortly after I had Luke which makes 3 for her and 3 for me. We tend to lean on each other whether it's in person or over facebook. I adore her. But I love all of our friends. Thanks for making our weekends FUN and INTERESTING!!
THANK YOU HEAVENLY FATHER FOR GIVING ME MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS! I DON'T DESERVE THEM BUT SURE DO LOVE THEM TO DEATH.
HAPPY THANKSGIVING NEXT WEEK EVERYONE!
No comments:
Post a Comment