Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Just Write About It!

This post will end up being a post in my book that Makenzie reads one day and laughs at how over protective her mom is and will probably call me crazy. Then she'll read it again when she needs to feel like it's all going to be okay when she goes through this with her own daughter.
Makenzie started school this morning. Kindergarten she is gone 5 days a week for 3 hours a day. I cried for about a hour and a half off and on today and bawled last night. Let me just explain Makenzie has been with me every day since she was born. She has been my little best friend since I started carrying her. I have a serious attachment to all 3 of my kids. I feel like my reason for being blessed with them is to protect them, teach them, and take care of them. I am so paranoid about her being babysat or any where else. I am anti-sleepover simply because I feel like it's risky whether you're a girl or boy but more so when you're a girl. I'm trying to prevent her from having experiencing a couple things I did. I feel bad I'm sure I smother her but that is why I keep her very close to me or Josh. So the idea of sending her to school every day is really hard for me. It's hard to trust someone to take care of her. Plus honestly I love more than anything being with her and her brothers all the time. So I didn't do so well today but I know it will get better. Especially since she came home today and asked if she could not have Saturday and Sundays off and if she could go every day. She told me she made two friends and that she loves recess. I know she needs it. It is so good for her to learn to deal with people and for her to grow into her own person. I can't control it all as much as some time I wish I could. I have to trust that I have done the best I can and raised her to know the kind of person she wants to be and the kind she wants to be around. I already know that she has a good head on her shoulders, she's so intelligent, and the sweetest girl you'll ever meet. She really cares so much about people. I wish I could make time stop I want more time at home with her.

Makenzie you're my favorite girly girl in the world. No matter how old you are or what grade you're in you will always be my baby and best friend. I love you.

No comments: