Monday, December 28, 2009

Christmas 2009 Recap!

We had a WONDERFUL Christmas! The kids were spoiled rotten as usual. I have to say I've never been so proud though. Christmas Night I asked Kenzie before she went to bed...
Mom: Did you have a good Christmas baby?
Kenzie: Yeah the best ever now I can't wait for Luke.
Mom: What was your favorite part? (expecting her to say one of her new toys)
Kenzie: Spending all day with my whole family.
I was so proud that she understood the meaning of Christmas is being with family.
Christmas Eve we went to my Grandmas like we always do. It was so fun but so sad for me. I've spent every Christmas Eve with Josh since I was 18 yrs old. And this year he had to work. So he couldn't be there and I realized that such a huge part of me and my comfort was missing. I still had so much fun with my family that I love so much. Josh just completes it for me. I am grateful he has a job though and a really good job so I shouldn't complain.
Christmas Eve after we put the kids to bed. Josh and I set up a Kitchen and a Basketball Hoop that grammy and poppy got them and hid in our garage. Then we set up a tool bench and a WII nintendo that we got them. So they came out to that all set up on Christmas Day. After opening presents I made pancakes and then did what I always do and dejunked the kids rooms before taking any of the new stuff in. I got all the toys put away and then it was on our way to Grandma and Grandpas for a turkey dinner. After that we played some cards and then went to Alvin and the Chipmunks. We usually always go to a kids movie on Christmas Day. It was really cute the kids want it when it come out.
JOSH AND I
So my favorite kinds of gifts from our parents is stuff I won't spend the money on for myself. Which is pretty much exactly what we got. Josh's mom and dad got us a new bedding set which I LOVED it's so pretty. My mom and dad got us a new pot and pan set which we really needed. I would've just got cheap ones though so it was so nice. My brother got us new dishes. Then he spoiled me and got me a 100 dollar gift card to Victoria Secret. I wanted a coat online so bad that now I'll be getting in like a week. I can't wait. So we were spoiled.
KAYDEN
Kayden wanted a new basketball hoop. He was too little when he got his last one and never used it. So Grammy and Poppy got him a new one. He loves it. He said Lucas and me can play basketball together. It was so cute.
He has been asking me for a tool bench since February seriously. So I got him this one. It's neat cause he has actual projects. He can build a bird house and a boat. Tons of stuff. It's cute.

OH MY TRANSFORMERS...
My son's #1 LOVE is Transformers. He loves them so much. Him and his best friend Jayden play Transformers pretty much all the time they are together now. His favorite is Bumblebee. It was crazy how many he got...
Jayden got him 3, Grandma JoAnne got him 2, Grandpa Cliff got him 2, Kimmee got him 1, We got him 3, and Aunt Jill got him at least 1 which isn't here yet. So 12 Transformers for Christmas. He has been having so much fun with them. Josh is hoping next he's into Legos. I miss my little baby boy that liked big blocks and cars. But it's so fun to see how smart he is to Transform them or build something on his tool bench. He is growing up to be so mechanical just like his dad.


Kayden got just as excited about his 25 dollar gift card from his Great Grandpa Reed. Kayden absolutely loves me reading to him and is obsessed with Dr Seuss. I think he almost has them all now. He spent his Barnes and Noble on 3 new Dr Seuss. It's so fun having kids so close that are in some ways the same and other ways so different. They teach me so much and I am having a blast being a mom nothing better.



MAKENZIE

Oh my PRINCESS AND THE FROG...
Pretty sure I have the number one fan of the movie and the number one fan of Princess Tiana. Kenzie loves that movie and Princess so much. She has the doll cause her cousin Kim sent it to her. She got a night gown with Tiana on it from Kimmee too. Then she got a gift card to Barnes and Noble from her Grandpa Reed and went and bought two hard back Princess and The Frog books. She was so excited. Kenzie and Kayden get very excited about Barnes and Noble it's one of their favorite places to go. So she was so excited.
All Kenzie wanted pretty much was a kitchen this year. So her grammy and poppy got her one. She LOVES it.
She loves all her Barbie stuff. Grandma and Grandpa got her a Barbie make up set. She loves it. She's always been really girly. She loves having her hair done and she loves picking out clothes. So her grandma knows her so well she got her pretend barbie makeup, lots of glitter, and a LOT of clothes. Seriously Kenzie was just as excited for the clothes and she was for the toys. (I'm not kidding)


Makenzie got rid of all her babies this Christmas. She decided it was time to have a doll not a baby. She really wanted one that looked like her. The one I found for Christmas was the best I could do. She has green eyes instead of Kenzie's blue but other than that it's not too far off. I have to admit I am a little sad about this change. My 5 year old is growing up so fast. I remember her cuddling her baby when she was just a baby herself. I am ready for all the phases though. But it was a little sad.

Makenzie and her big girl doll she named "Emily"
We got to give a lot this year too. That was the BEST part of it all. I can't wait for Luke to be here for next Christmas too. We'll be a COMPLETE family next year and it will be exciting to have a baby again. No one is more excited then Kenzie and Kayden they can't wait.
LUKE
As of 2 weeks ago I was dialated to a two. I have been having some serious Braxton hicks. (It's painful) I'm in the insomnia stage where I'm not sleeping at all which is all good just prepares you for when the baby comes. I could do with out the leg cramps and heart burn though. That's a little painful and really irritating. I am trying my best to make it to the last week of January (wish me luck) But we're all so excited and can't wait.

1 comment:

Kaylyn said...

I am so glad that you guys had such a great Christmas!! :)